Monday, August 10, 2009

Eujean's Story


Welcome to the WORK OUT DIVAS!
We are three energetic Divas who are looking to lose weight and get healthy. I will start off by introducing myself - I am Eujean and I am from Toronto, Canada and am a stay-at-home mom who is a mom to a beautiful little girl. I am one of the main contributors to this blog - and I hope that you will join us in our journey to get healthy and lose weight. The other 2 contributors will also introduce themselves this week - so watch for their post!

I will try to post here everyday and let you in on what I am doing to lose weight. So I will blog my food diary - my weight - my work out regime - share some recipes here and there - and yes - post pictures. I am going to be the fish in the glass bowl.

So why don't we start?

Here's my story.

My weight has been good and bad since I was 20. I gained a lot of weight when I first went to University - and when I was 21 I went on a mission as a missionary for my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and came back - went backpacking through Europe - lost a ton of weight - then got married - had a baby - and gained it all back AND THEN SOME.

The height of my weight was about 195 lbs when I was pregnant. When I lost 20 lbs or so after I had the baby ON THE SCALE - but not on my body. Yes - I was just under 5'4, size 16, and about 177 to 180 lbs on the scale. But honestly - I didn't care. I wanted to focus on my daughter and figured the weight would just fall off.

Well. It didn't. Surprise!!!!

So last year - I started a big kick to lose weight. I lost about 40 lbs last year and this year I lost an additional 5 lbs or so. However - in April we moved. And since then - I have gained 10 lbs. I realized that if I didn't really take hold of my weight - it was going to have a negative affect on me and myself. So here I am. Taking hold. Being accountable.

My Goal!

My goal is to lose an additional 25 to 30 lbs (so around 115 to 120 lbs). My goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of this year and next year will be to lose an additional 10 lbs and maintain my weight. I also want to try different things - like using weights - doing classes - swimming and running outside. I want to branch out my work out regime. My goal for food is to find yummy and healthy recipes that I can use each day. I have been pretty good with my diet - but my goal is to have a healthy AND tasty diet.

The Work Out Plan!

So this is what I am planning to do. I realize that the plan may change as I lose weight or have more time or less time or find different ways to work out or eat. But this is my plan right now.

I am planning on working out 5 times a week for 1 hour a day starting at 5:45a.m on the elliptical. If I can - I will add an additional hour for weights on the days I have time.

The Menu!

This is not a set menu - if i can find other healthy, low carb meals I will let you know - but this is a pretty good outline of what I am planning on making each day. I didn't want to put "or" every time so I just separated it with comma's. I will also try to use a wheat-free diet (try to be gluten-free) because it really irritates me.

Breakfast: Egg White Omelette, Oatmeal, Protein Drink, Banana or Dessert Tofu

Lunch and Dinner: Lettuce Wraps, Rice Wraps, Chicken Salad, Fish and Veggies, Taco Salad, Chicken Fajita's or Salad (any kind), Tofu and Veggies, Sauteed Veggies with Chicken etc.

Snacks: Dessert Tofu, Banana or Veggies.


****Note: I will title each of my blog post with my initials "EP" and then the date - and I will update it each evening with my food diary. I will post my weight and work out regime in the day - and then I will ADD my food diary post in the evening to the SAME post.

Thanks for following along!

Cheers,
E

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing Eujean! I cannot wait to get started :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete