Monday, August 10, 2009

Laura's Story





Happy Monday morning ladies I am truly excited about this awesome blog of accountability, friendship and the road to healthy weight loss!
Thank you Eujean for starting this :D



Here's my story

I wish I could say that my extra weight was contributed from a life changing event like the birth of a baby or a family move, but it is not. I am married with one daughter who is 14. So no baby weight here :) I attribute my extra weight gain to being just to darn busy! Which I know is a lame excuse!

My daughter plays competitive golf year round. We are always on the road which leads to unhealthy eating and inconsistent workouts. I have recently gained 10 pounds. Instead of yo- yoing which I have been doing a lot lately. I thought this is it... I want to get down to my ultimate goal weight!


My Goal

My ultimate goal weight is to weigh 135 to 140 pounds. To do this I will have to loose 25 pounds! Which might change (fingers crossed) I actually started my diet last week. Hopefully I am down! I will weigh in every Monday morning.

Eaaak that sounds like a lot but I am determined!! With eating healthy, cutting my meal sizes in half and regular excercise, I know it can be done.


The Workout Plan

I am a workoutaholic! I have love to run and lift weights. I also dabble with a little spinning here and there. I use the Nike+ running pod and LOVE it! It tracks my runs, calories and really motivates me.

The Menu

I will be honest, I LOVE food! I love to cook and bake, which makes dieting even more difficult.
Usually I fail when I get too strict with my diet. This time around I have decided if I make healthy decisions, cut my food portions in half and workout regularly, It should work right? We will see!

Thanks for following along this should be fun and very motivating!

Hugs,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm so excited to be doing this too! xoxo, E

    ReplyDelete