Monday, August 10, 2009

Maggie's Story



This was my skinniest day EVER.

It was law school graduation in the summer of 2005.

The dress is a size small.

I was exercising 90 mins/day minimum + pilates + strength training and eating very few calories. I was running 10K/day minimum.

I'd like to look like this again.

Life's been bumpy since 2005. Two jobs, a puppy, 2 houses, and a kidlet have made my life more hectic than my uni days.

I want to feel like the REAL me. Again.

I want to be free from my negative obsession with my weight.

Because my life is crazy - new house, back to work with a 7 month old @ home, church callings, dealing with a serious nerve injury suffered during childbirth, etc - I need help.

Last Friday I joined a health and wellness clinic to help me lose weight. I pay them lots of money and they guarantee my weight loss. They also give me recipes to follow. I weigh in with them daily for this week, then at least 3 x/week for then on.

I am reluctant to set a GOAL WEIGHT because so often I've done that, focusing on the number on the scale - not how I feel - and I unnecessarily berate myself into failure. I don't want to do that anymore.

My ONLY goal is to be at a comfortable, maintainable weight where I look good in cute clothes. Yes. Vanity is a motivating factor.

My other big motivator is my gorgeous, playful, active 7 month old son Ezra. I want to be the best, most fun, vivacious mum to him I can be.

He deserves nothing less. And honestly, I deserve more too. More health, more happiness, more self-love and self-respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment