Sunday, January 3, 2010

JK - Sunday Dinner Dilemma

I was so encouraged by the last few posts! I've been laughing at myself thinking about how confident I was that today was "the" day I'd get back on track...and how instead of getting back on the wagon I tripped and fell on my face!!

Here's my "dilemma" Sunday Dinner at my mother inlaws...we do this most Sundays after church. She's an excellent, Paula Deen, comfort food kind of cook... Now Meat Loaf, Fried Potatoes, Homemade Bread, Roasted Carrots, and Black Eyed-Peas might not sound that good to you...but, trust me all of this can grow on a person. (that was just today's menu) Oh, and I forgot to mention your choice of Brownies, Apple Crisp, or Banana Cake (yes all made from scratch) or just have all three!(like I did) So, today was not "the" day for me to get all healthy. But, tomorrow is a new day, and I can "choose" to be "diligent." I might even pick out a word for 2010.

***I wanted to ask you ladies if you have any tips or suggestions to stay on track when surrounded by the Sunday Dinner temptations!? I used to take a big salad every week, but I've been kind of busy and gotten out of that habit. I take baked beans now. (Much easier) Anyway, with my husband's family it's more than just Sunday, the have a lot of get togethers and lots of good food!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jerrica! I know the feeling - this is what it's like when I get together with my in-laws too. It's really hard when it comes to family gatherings - but what I find helps is taking really small portions of each dish (or whatever dish you like) and I would double or triple up on the veggies and drink a lot of water while you're there. You can even drink a ton before you go. If your tummy is full you won't be as tempted! You can also go up for a few helpings - but really small portions each time. That way your stomach has time to digest and tell your brain that you're getting full and not as hungry.

    For Christmas dinner this year I skipped out on the mash potatoes and anything super carb-y - and just focused on the protein and veggies. That's another suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete