Wednesday, January 27, 2010

JK 01.27.10 Hit, skip, and miss...

Hi girls! I lost one more pound...I know I should be happy about that, but I have worked SOOO hard with my workouts that it really ought to be more. I just don't know where my discipline is when it comes to eating! I do so well for 2-3 days and then it's like I'm ravenous and devour twice as much as I was cutting out!! It's so hard for me to "diet" when I'm breastfeeding, I am seriously hungry. This morning I watched part of an infomercial for P90X when I should have been exercising, and thought about borrowing it from a friend, but then I'm like: I have all these awesome workout dvds...my problem is FOOD! I truly believe that weight loss is like 75% what you eat...my reason for thinking this is that my GG (Great Grandma, we called her GG) lost 30 pounds doing Weight Watchers at nearly 80 years old, she had crippling arthritis so bad that there was no way she could do any form of exercise!! What an inspiration!

Anyway, lastnight I had planned to go to the gym when my husband got home from work to babysit...we figured out that Teusday night is the only night I can really do that. Instead I went to the grocery store (You might be surprised how excited a mother of three gets about going to the store without kids!), we're expecting bad weather this weekend and I knew we needed food!! And the bad part is that I not only went to the grocery store, I went to the grocery store HUNGRY! Let's just say I bought several things that were not on my list, or healthy eating plan! I got home to a frazzled husband (Sadie's fussy at 6, and that's when I left) He was so hilarious, he's like: "You are awesome, how do you do it?" My response: "I don't know..?" LOL SO instead of the plan to go to the gym and come home and eat a salad, I had pop corn chicken and chocoalte milk, and fig newmans. Ugh, I have a headache just thinking about how gross that is.

I think I'm having a problem figuring out which I'm more tired of: Working my butt off, or being chubby....Sigh.

Monday's weight: 125ish

I'm starting counting calories for real today, even supper's! :) I hope everyone is doing your best and having a great day either way!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for losing weight Jerrica! You are doing awesome - and honestly - it's just life isn't it? Life happens! I TOTALLY understand how you're feeling - I feel like you echoed my thoughts exactly! Weight is mostly what you eat - but I think as you get closer and closer to your weight goal (like as if I know what that feels like! I'm over 20 lbs away!) I think it's a combination of food and weight. But honestly - you are doing so great. I was reading an excerpt on Amazon today from Jillian Michael's book and she said that there are 3 things to making a conscious choice. 1) Make a goal 2) Positive attitude and 3) Actualizing your goal.

    I think I get so hung up on the 2nd one. It's hard for me to have a positive attitude when I feel like I'm working so hard and then I fall and I just want to kick myself! And then the emotions start rolling out like a roller coaster and I can't stop eating badly.

    Anyways - I don't know if any of this is helping but I just wanted to say that you're not alone - I totally understand - don't give up - you're doing awesome - and lets just keep going :) The only thing we can do to fail is if we stop! :)

    Hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete