Tuesday, January 5, 2010

JK 01.05.10

So, I think I decided on a mantra, instead of just one word. It might sound silly, but when I lost weight in highschool (I was heavy in highschoool, that's another story though) I used to repeat this phrase over and over in my mind: "If you don't do it now, you won't do it ever." Using this phrase as an anchor in my mind actually really helped. So, I think I'm going to dust this phrase off and use it to help me achieve my weight loss goals again! I read a tip in a goal-setting article today about using post-it notes. I like post-it notes so I decided to give it a try as well. I placed a small stack of them on my bathroom mirror and the top one says: "I weigh 125" the 2nd one says: "I weigh 120" etc...all the way to my goal...I'm going to remove them as I reach them so I have to stare that next goal in the face until I do something about it! I also went ahead and posted a few quotes I like, a couple scriptures that encourage and inspire me, on my mirrors and calendar. I got my workout completed before noon which is a BIG improvement on yesterday. Overall I'm feeling pretty positive about this thing...

Monday's Weight: 129.6
Height: 5'1"
Goal: weigh 105-110 also complete a 5k this spring.
Workout: 20 minute dvd workout. (Shred level 2) and 45 minutes elliptical.
Calories Burnt: 454

~My Food Log~
Breakfast: Eggs and Flaxseed Banana Muffin
Lunch: Chicken Vegetable Soup
Dinner: 2 slices Thin Crust Cheese Pizza (girls night out)
Snack: cascadian farms organic granola bar, 1/2 serving hersheys bliss chocolates
Water: at least 64 oz. (usually twice that much)
Total Calories: 1,475
*I'm going to go eat some fruit because obviously I haven't had enough live food today, (Plus I need a few more calories) and drink some hot tea.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!!! I love post its too! I am totally going to try that! Thanks for inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete