Thursday, October 22, 2009

EP - Thursday, October 22, 2009

THANK YOU LAURA~!!!! You do not understand how much you have helped me!!! You said exactly what I needed to hear and I feel so much support - THANK YOU!!!

Wow. What you wrote was a HUGE eye opener. REALLY? Seriously? So I need to burn 600 calories a day if I work out 6 times a week - and 700 cals if I work out 5 times a week.

I am totally with you - I have to write this week OFF. I have been doing a lot of thinking about this week about myself - and about losing weight - about my journey so far - and WHY I keep going around and around in this vicious circle. WHY can't I LOSE weight and KEEP IT OFF? Why do I keep jumping around?!!

I have realized it's because of a few things.

1) I need to remember that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.
I need to be careful about what I put IN to my body. That led me to number 2.

2) I need to PLAN my menu.
I have realized that the reason I eat bad food is because I don't always plan. Life happens right? That's reality. Life is busy especially as a mom - HOWEVER - I CAN control what I take in by doing number 3

3) I need to PREP my food.
If it means I prep 4 meals in one night for the next few lunches and dinners - then that is what needs to happen.

4) I need to go to sleep EARLY.
I eat the WORST foods at night. When my mouth just wants to nibble on something and I just want a little extra sweet or even worse - I want something salty.

5) I need to wake EARLY to prep my foods and plan for the day.
Lunch should be ready by the time I am out the door at 8:45 am. And when will I work out? Which leads to number 6.

6) I need to work out 6 times a week.
At least 1 hour a day. And I am going to do what Laura said - burn my cals!!!

So those are the 6 things I have been thinking about - and have decided is my solution. In order for this to work - I need to make these 6 things a HABIT. Habits don't form quickly - but I am going to try to do these next week - and report on how it goes.

I'm going to join you Laura. I will start on Monday. This week is a write off. Start fresh. I was feeling SO down before I read your post - but seeing your motivation and enthusiasm is rubbing off on me. I CAN DO THIS!!! I am determined to do it. Thank you.

LETS DO THIS LADIES!!! and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!! I am going to burn 3500 calories a week - 600 to 700 cals a day!!! :)

Hugs,
Eujean

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I am so on board with your 6 steps! They are perfect... I am so excited for Monday :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete