Monday, February 21, 2011

EP - update

Wow. It'll be a week tomorrow! So here is my update.

First - I had some diet coke the other night. Only a few sips. It was not real sugar, but the fake stuff, but still. I was dying. I had to have a sip.

Second - Sugar is in EVERYTHING. I had dinner last night - I made chicken parmasagne (minus the parmasagne) and I TOTALLY didn't even THINK that the sauce I made probably had sugar in it! It is nearly impossible to avoid.

Third - Because of what happened last night, I have decided to modify my challenge. You can consider me in or consider me out of the challenge - and I take absolutely no offence at all because I totally understand that if you are going 100% cold turkey, then it's only fair that I do my own little challenge. Anyways, I am still going to avoid sugar. For example - candy, chocolate, pop/soda, cake, cookies etc. Those are the most obvious (but oh so hard) things to avoid. So I am definitely not having ANY of that. But I am having a hard time with no ketchup, no Thai chili sauce that I use for my cucumbers, and pasta sauce. So here is my challenge. I am going to avoid all sugar - that is obviously sugar. But starting this week, I am going to have a tiny bit of ketchup with my omelette, and a little Thai chili sauce with my cucumbers and a little pasta sauce with my pasta.

Conclusion - this is really hard. It's a crazy hard challenge but I am so glad I am doing it. THANK YOU DIVAS for joining me in this challenge. Honestly - knowing that you are doing it WITH ME - has made this possible. It has kept me sane :) THANK YOU!

Cheers to another week!
E ~

1 comment:

  1. I am with you Eujean! I know I might not get as great of results as I would by completely eliminating every kind of sugar possible...but, baby steps here!

    ReplyDelete