Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Christi's Story

This is me on my birthday last year: May 10, 2009 I weighed 185lbs...my highest weight ever. When I was pregnant with both my boys the highest I hit WHILE PREGNANT was 185. Last year I was not pregnant....just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

So, I went online hoping and praying I could find something that would work this time. Not like my failed attempts at Weight Watchers, South Beach, and the other many fly-by-night weight loss attempts. Then I came across SparkPeople.com and my life changed forever.
This is me in March (sorry I don't have a more recent pic...sad, huh?) with my son, Eric. I have lost AND KEPT OFF 35lbs!! I am past my half way mark and it feels fantastic BUT now is the hard part...I need to TONE UP BABY!!

I also have a confession to make...I am SCARED OF WEIGHTS!! LOL!! It's true! I've done weight training machines and used dumbbells before but they still intimidate so I am hoping becoming a Workout Diva will help me break my fear of strength training (and if you know of a good routine let me know).

My goal is to be 135lbs and fit by my 30th birthday which is May 10, 2011 and I know I can do it with the help of my girls!! :)

A little background: I am a wife to my wonderful husband, Todd and mother to two insane little boys Eric (5) and Dylan (3). I am a stay at home mom but also work a part time job with a financial services company. I love to stamp and actually met Laura from her stamping blog. In my *spare* time I love to read and just got a Nook for my birthday and am in LOVE!!

Thank you to Laura and the entire Diva team for inviting me to join your family. It means the world to me. :)

Christi

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Christi!!!! Just ignore my email :) maybe this means I should come onto this blog more! We are so excited to have you as one of "The Diva's" You look amazing :D
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete