
Okay, so I'm obviously totally copying Eujean's idea to talk about a work out DVD. I was actually just looking at the selection of new workout DVD's that Jillian Michael's has out (At Walmart) and remembered I had this one that I've hardly ever used, not to mention "The 30 Day Shred" (Also, by Jillian, which I loved summer before last.) and "Weight Loss Yoga" (With Bob) also a big favorite of mine. So, I decided to save my money and use these again. (For now!) I did the level 1 of the Boot Camp workout, they have it set up where you can do the "Maximum Results Program" and so for week one I do the warm up, level 1, and cool down. It's not as hard as the Shred, not yet anyway. But, it felt like a good work out, especially since I'm kinda outta shape. It incorporates weights and quite a few lunges and squats, which I like and need! The people doing the workout on the dvd don't really seem in sync with eachother or Bob, which for some reason is kind of annoying to me...I'll probably get over it. The music is so quiet you can hardly hear it, but it's kind of a weird music that reminds me of Star Trek for some reason, so that's okay by me. So, there's the review. I think I'll try to do this for at least the 6 weeks maximum results program, just to see how it works. I like "programs" that increase in difficulty, it's like a no brainer way to make progress...with my busy schedule I need that!
I logged back on to SparkPeople.com lastnight, read some inspiring stories... (that is where Laura and I met, actually!) They've really updated the site a lot and I had fun looking it over. And I used it to log my calories today, stayed within my range, I feel really great about that! So today is a new beginning of the super fit me...just in time for bikini season! Hey, should we do some before and after pictures as a challenge? (Not necessarily in a bikini!! Infact, I'm not prepared to share that with anyone, much less the world wide web!) Let me know if you have any ideas? And I'm feeling a lot more energetic and back to my "old self" lately, that's a good thing.
That is too funny Jerr! I was just looking at sparkpeople too to start up on it again!!! Looks like you and I are finally getting out of our little "bump in the road". :) I love the DVD that I am doing and I can definitely see someone losing 5 lbs a week if they really stuck to it and did it hardcore everyday AND ate well. I can't see someone losing that much weight without eating very well. I have started eating really healthy and working out and I have already lost 1 lb. I am trying to use DVDs mainly because I am going to be in NYC for a month and really need to get into the habit of working out inside so that I don't gain a ton of weight again when I'm there (I gained a little under 5 lbs) so yeah. :) Good luck with this DVD! Let me know how it goes!!! And p.s. - the DVD I am using is definitely harder than the 30 day shred. I really like it! Hugs!
ReplyDelete