Thursday, April 8, 2010

April Challenge

Holla Divas!!!!!!! What's up, what's up, what's up?! It's good to see everyone is still kicking. High five to Eujean for "actually" making it to the gym even when she didn't want to be there! And I like your idea about veggie prepping the night before! Yay for you Laura, at least someone is losing weight on this, a workout blog! LOL! And MM, consider US your intervention. Step away from the Rolos! Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery! ;)

I went to our health doctor yesterday, I just finally admitted I needed to be more pro-active about my health and this kind of "funk" I've been having since having Sadie. I mean she's 6 months old and it's time for the baby blues to be over about now. I can keep chalking it up to having 3 little ones, or I can do something about it. So, the appointment went really well. He was very encouraging and it pretty much ended up being a back to the basics of health pep talk and prescription. So, my challenge for April is to make taking my new supplements a habit (lifestyle change, if you will.) by taking them every single day for my overall health mentally and physically!

I also made a little challenge between me, myself, and I to avoid sugar at all costs for at least the rest of the month. I don't think it helps my mood swings, and definitely doesn't help my figure! My husband and his twin brother have a birthday monday so that means birthday parties starting tomorrow evening! (Plus I have a niece and nephew with birthdays, on my hubby's side) In this family there will ALWAYS be a birthday party and a celebration and an excuse to go over board. The eating at birthdays is the same as the holidays! We will not be having little sissy hamburgers at our cook out tomorrow night, it will be steak and ribs and fried potatoes! (Oddly most of the people in his family are not over weight!?) So, anyway! Enough rambling. I've worked out two days in a row on the elliptical. (Christmas miracle right here, give me a sugar free cookie!) LOL! Talk to you Diva's again soon! Have such a nice weekend!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE all that you wrote Jerrica! Yay to working out 2 days in a row and yay to taking care of you!!! I think as moms we use all our energy and time for our kids and sometimes we forget about ourselves - so good for you for taking the reigns and taking care of YOU! And staying away from the sugar is a good idea!!! Does chocolate count? (hahaha - just kidding) Have an awesome weekend Jerr!!! This weekend is our pookie's birthday party so it'll be quite the sugary weekend too! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete