CLEAN EATING IS KING!
At least for me, this has been true. I think at different points in my life (teen years, and before kids) I could probably lose a few without eating that well. But, now it's ALL about the food! I mean, I know it's just logical, mathematics...calories in and calories out... Why is it so easy to forget how food makes me feel when it comes to fitting in my clothes, sluggishness, headaches...? It's so not worth it. (Keep telling yourself that, Jerrica!! As I resist a marble cake with milk chocolate icing sitting on my kitchen counter)
Honestly, my cravings have diminished. My complexion has improved. My energy has also improved. Every morning, it is so much easier to wake up and stay awake. I'm feeling great! I think I already told you, but my eating is consisting of alot of lean protiens (All kinds of fish, turkey, chicken, eggs) and lots of veggies, and 1 serving of fruit per meal. I'm cutting out snacks (just for this weight loss phase) for the most part, unless I feel hungry which I really haven't. And I've stuck with my usual whey protein smoothie for breakfast, since I put my Nanogreens and my protein powder also has a lot of my daily vitamins in it, along with fiber (ground flaxseed, usually.) If I'm really hungry I have a bigger portion, if I'm not very hungry a smaller one. Simple as that. No counting calories or points or measuring. (I am controlling my portions, but I know enough about it to know the difference.) I take that back, I do measure my salad dressing.
So, here are a few of my favorite things these days:

Love, love, love my nanos! Can't say how much better these make me feel. Sounds crazy, I know...there are a dime a dozen "vegetable powders" that are gross. One person described the taste of these as a little bit "banana like" I didn't taste that, but mixed with a little ice, frozen fruit, or a banana, and protein powder they taste great! Did I mention I love 'em?
I know that truly "Clean eating" diets don't even use salad dressing. But, since I'm doing my own thing, I get to use current fave: Newman's Light Italian! I like this so much, I eat it every day, sometimes twice. And you can understand all of the ingredients, no yucky chemicals and a fraction of the number of ingredients compared to most salad dressings. I like it a lot.
I bought a serving of this Quinoa Salad at a local healthfood store called MaMa Jean's. I'm going to be honest, it didn't look like much. Sort of tabouli like, but I'm trying to "behave" so I sampled it and got it...the more I ate the faster I kept eating....it was sooo yum! I cannot quit thinking about this salad! I bought a box of Quinoa at the grocery store, now I NEED this recipe! Anyone have one?


You are awesome Jerrica! You are such an inspiration. CONGRATS getting into the teens! You go girl! Which Clean Diet are you following? Or are you free wheeling it?
ReplyDeleteI'm just free wheeling it... My cousin is following the actual Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. But, I've done the "dieting" mindset too many times. Although it was tough to get off my sugar addiction at first, eating good foods as I'm hungry is pretty much my motto. MUCH easier for me, at this point in my life. I feel like it's a lifestyle change I can actually keep. I'm not forbidding anything, I just remind myself that if I want results I have to keep eating clean. I did have a total cheat day on the weekend, boxed sandwich lunch complete with cookie and chips at a conference on Saturday, and my favorite Japanese Steakhouse (Hibachi Chicken, Shrimp, and fried sushi) I just made myself get right back to it on Sunday, and it didn't affect my weight at all after one day.
ReplyDeleteThats awesome Jerrica! I'm kind of doing the same thing. My biggest problem is cutting the pasta. I didn't realize how much we ate it.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about the pasta. For me, I didn't realize how often I just grab a quick sandwich with the girls, especially for lunch. So, it's the bread, pasta, tortillas, all of the above! And it's not like I buy white anything, it's all whole grain, but cutting it has made a huge difference in my weight loss. I'm taking some advice from a friend of mine who got healthy she said she had to begin to view food as nourishment more than pleasure. I can still enjoy food, just maybe not indulging every single day for now, until I get my body fat down. I have ALOT of salads, while the family is eating something else, sometimes it's easier than others, but it's worth it!!
ReplyDeleteYou ladies are doing awesome! I hope to be following in your footsteps this week! I am sick with a cold right now but that doesn't mean I can't eat clean :)
ReplyDelete