Well I have been doing pretty well since I wrote here last. I have been working out on my elliptical and using my Tracy Anderson DVDs. I am prepping my meals every day and having been using the new recipes from my magazines and have been liking the versatility in my diet. I have been taking my vitamins every day as well and my water intake has increased dramatically and have been doing pretty good with the 8 cups a day. I also bought Tosca Reno's EAT CLEAN DIET COMPANION book to keep track of my 6 meals a day - and it's been really good. I realize I don't eat nearly as much vegetables as I should be!
NEW news is the that I have NOT been going on the scale every day! lol! It was impossible for me NOT to do before - but now I barely ever weigh myself. I have no idea what my weight is right now but I have been feeling pretty good. I am just going to go by my waist size. I have also decided to no longer focus on a week by week goal - but a month by month goal - so that I keep working on it throughout the month instead of just throughout the week. That is more realistic and this is week 2 and feel great.
Something that I DID decide to do is to cut out sugar. Yes. Completely cut it out. It is still a working process but I have been doing pretty well. There is diabetes in my family and so with my recent health issues I have decided to take that family issue seriously and have decided to do an overhaul in my diet. No sugar (although I am not a sugar person to begin with) and to make sure that I don't eat anything fatty. My parents are super healthy eaters (especially my dad) and so when I have to decide what to eat - I just ask myself if my dad would eat it.
For breakfast I am now eating my smoothies or KASHI GO LEAN CEREAL and it is delicious! It's only 200 cals (plus cals for skim milk) but it's around 215 cals or so and it is delicious and filling. I also have egg whites with it as well.
So overall this week has been going really well. I am excited to see what size I'll be in mid-July. I am realizing that working out from home requires much more self-discipline and organization - but I am enjoying the challenge and am finding that I am really loving it.
I'll post again in another week!
Hope you're all doing well!!!
Cheers,
E
Oh my goodness cut sugar!! You brave girl :) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteLaura